Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Picture I've had a few bags of Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet chips sitting in my cupboard for awhile now and decided to make some simple chocolate chip cookies.  I love baking cupcakes and 'fancier' treats, but sometimes nothing beats some old-fashioned cookies (or the raw cookie dough!!). 

I've been trying to find a good recipe for awhile.  My mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies, but she knows her recipe by heart at this point.  I tried the recipe in Martha Stewart Cookies, but they came out greasy - I'm sure that was my fault, not Martha's.  So this time I tried the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip back - it can be found here.  And they came out great!

I only baked mine for about 7-8 minutes, and they came out just right.  That may have just been my oven, though.  Also, I used about twice the number of chocolate chips the recipe called for - so while the cookies were delicious, they were very gooey and messy!

Here are a few pictures - from now on, I envision the posts being more illustrated as they go, but I'm still figuring out this blogging thing!  Feel free to comment on YOUR favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes :)Picture
Picture
Picture
I took the cookies in to work the next day - and they went over VERY well with my co-workers.  The only negative feedback I received was from my friend Larry - who pronounced them "too cakey, with too little chips."  But I'm gonna go with the majority on this one ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment