Sunday, April 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hello hello!  I would first like to apologize for the lack of posts this past month; I have been traveling A LOT for work (and fun) and things have been crazy... plus, being new to this blog thing it's still taking me awhile to get into a regular posting schedule... anyway, on to the sugary stuff!

I recently purchased some chocolate chips and peanut butter chips at the grocery store and was excited to use them. I had just made oatmeal raisin cookies so I didn't want to make more cookies! I decided on muffins. I was feeling kind of lazy so instead of trying to find a recipe I just adapted a recipe I us to make banana muffins... and left out the banana, obviously. Although these would be pretty good with banana added in...

First I mixed together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt; and added in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.

Then I beat together eggs, milk, vanilla and vegetable oil.

Then it was time to combine them!

Pretty easy , right? I poured the batter into some muffin liners then sprinkled some sugar on top of each one before popping them in the oven; I was hoping this would give them that sugary crust you see on muffins in Starbucks, Au Bon Pain, etc!

I baked the for 20 minutes then smelled something burning.... uh oh! Luckily, it was just some extra batter that had spilled onto the edges of the pan. Whew!

They were rather pointy... and slightly over-cooked... and most concerning, I couldn't see any chocolate chips! Where did they go??

But where is the chocolate?!
Oh, there they are! YUM!

Overall, they weren't bad; they could have been a little moister, and they just seemed to be missing something... next time I think I'd add some banana, or more of the peanut butter chips. I give myself a 5 out of 10!
PS - the sugary crust sort of worked... next time needs more sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment