Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Going Bananas

I love bananas.  However, last week was very busy and I didn’t have a chance to eat most of the bananas I had purchased at the store; they were too ripe for me to eat plain (I’m picky about bananas!) so I decided to salvage them in the form of banana bread!

This is adapted from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com.  It was fairly easy to make.  I had purchased some miniature loaf pans at the grocery store and decided to use those – this recipe makes 4 mini loaves.

First, I got out all my ingredients.

Then I mashed up four bananas.
It gets more appetizing, I promise!

In one bowl, I combined flour, baking soda and salt. 
In a separate bowl, I creamed butter and brown sugar, then added 2 eggs.

I mixed that together and added the bananas, then added the banana mixture to the dry ingredients.

I poured into the loaf pans and popped into the oven.

45 minutes later – voila!  Banana bread!

Next time, I would stir this by hand instead of using a mixer – the batter was a little too liquid and as a result the bread was very dense (at least, I think this is why it was so dense!).  I wrapped the loaves tightly in plastic wrap and froze three of them for later ;)

Banana Bread
2C all-purpose flour
1TSP baking soda
¼ TSP kosher salt
½C unsalted butter, softened
¾C light brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 overripe bananas

·         Preheat oven to 350
·         Grease 4 mini loaf pans
·         Mash up four bananas and set aside
·         In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
·         In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.  Stir in eggs and bananas.
·         Stir banana mixture into dry mixture; stir until just moistened
·         Pour batter into loaf pans
·         Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment